Posts

Ronaldo hints at retirement, says upcoming year could be his last

Cristiano Ronaldo on Sunday fuelled speculation about his retirement plans after saying the upcoming year will probably be the ​last of his playing career. The 41-year-old Portugal captain is ‌one of the most decorated players of all time, winning major trophies with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus and current club Al-Nassr ​since making his senior debut for Sporting in 2002. Ronaldo, ​a five-time Ballon d'Or winner, was unable to ⁠add a World Cup title to his list of honours ​after Portugal fell short at this year's tournament, leaving the ​sport's biggest prize absent from his trophy cabinet. "This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy," ​Ronaldo told lifestyle magazine Vogue in an interview published ​on Sunday. Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina RodrĂ­guez are married! For weeks, the internet was awash with speculation—about the date, the location, the guest list. (The rumored celebrity a...

Pakistan, seven others condemn Israel’s rejection of Gaza roadmap

Pakistan and seven other Islamic countries on Sunday condemned Israel’s declared rejection of the Road Map for completing the implementation of US President Donald Trump’s Comprehensive Plan to End the Gaza Conflict, as endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2803, as well as its rejection of Palestinian statehood. In a joint statement, the foreign ministers of Pakistan, Egypt, TĂĽrkiye, Indonesia, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates said Israel’s positions amounted to a direct repudiation of the Comprehensive Plan, jeopardised its implementation and fundamentally undermined collective efforts to achieve a just and lasting peace. They said Israel’s rejection confirmed that it now bore responsibility for obstructing efforts to bring peace to Gaza and the rest of the Occupied Palestinian Territory. Joint Statement The Foreign Ministers of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, the Republic of Indonesia, the...

10 terrorists killed in IBO in Balochistan's Khuzdar: state media

Security forces killed 10 terrorists and injured several others during an intelligence-based operation in Balochistan's Khuzdar, state media reported on Saturday. In a post on X, state broadcaster PTV News said the operation was conducted in the mountainous Shor Parod range based on intelligence reports about the presence of Fitna al-Hindustan terrorists. The terrorists were present in three small groups, it said, adding that an intense exchange of fire took place between the security forces and the militants. Read: Seven injured in attack on Balochistan home minister’s convoy in Mastung “Ten terrorists were killed and several others injured during the exchange,” it added. Fitna al-Hindustan is the term used by the state for terrorists belonging to the banned Balochistan Liberation Army and other groups in the province. Following the operation, security forces intensified search and clearance operations in the area and launched a search for the terr...

4.0 magnitude quake felt in Balochistan's Dalbandin, no damage reported

An earthquake of magnitude 4.0 jolted Dalbandin in Balochistan on Saturday, according to the National Seismic Monitoring Centre. The earthquake was recorded at a depth of 35 kilometres, with its epicentre located 100km southwest of Dalbandin, the centre said. The district administration said no loss of life or property had been reported so far as a result of the tremors. Earlier in June, three people were injured after earthquake tremors were felt in Balochistan’s Barkhan district and adjoining areas, causing fear and panic among residents. In May, a series of mild to moderate earthquakes jolted parts of the country, with tremors felt in Islamabad, Balochistan’s Khuzdar district and Azad Jammu and Kashmir. No casualties or damage were reported. from Latest News, Breaking News & Top News Stories | The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/dn3SEhV

Govt keeps fuel prices unchanged for August 15

No notification of a revision in fuel prices was issued on August 14 by the Ministry of Petroleum due to it being a gazetted holiday, hence prices remain the same as a day before. Petrol would continue to be available at Rs325.43 per litre, while high-speed diesel (HSD) would remain priced at Rs383.95 per litre, rates that were fixed for August 14. Read: Govt announces 45 paisas increase in petrol, Rs1.16 in HSD price for August 14 On July 17, the government introduced a daily fuel price review mechanism amid volatility in global oil prices following renewed hostilities in the Middle East. The daily fuel prices are based on a seven-day average of international market rates to align with international standards. According to the Pakistan Economic Survey 2024-25, petroleum products constitute one of the country's largest import categories, making the economy highly vulnerable to changes in global crude oil prices. Domestic refineries satisfy only part of national demand, wh...

Two police personnel martyred in firing in Lahore’s Badami Bagh

Two police personnel, including a sub-inspector and a head constable, were martyred when armed assailants opened fire on them in the Badami Bagh area on Thursday evening. The victims were identified as Sub-Inspector Adeel and Head Constable Asad, both deployed at Lorry Adda police station. According to police, the incident took place within the jurisdiction of Badami Bagh police station. Armed assailants opened fire on the two officials before fleeing the scene, police said. Both sustained critical bullet wounds and succumbed to their injuries. Read: Lahore attack: Cops killed in the line of duty Police identified the alleged central suspect as Rehan Butt, while efforts were under way to establish the identities of his accomplices. Reportedly, his brother Faizan Butt had been killed in an encounter a few days back. DIG Operations Faisal Kamran reached the scene along with a heavy police contingent and supervised the initial investigation. The area was cordoned off, and evide...

PML-N candidate challenges result of AJK's LA-17 Haveli-Kahuta constituency

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Chaudhry Mohsin Aziz has challenged the election results in Azad Jammu and Kashmir’s (AJK) LA-17 Haveli-Kahuta constituency, alleging tampering in Form-24 and seeking a recount of votes. The third phase, covering Bagh and Haveli, followed polling in the Mirpur and Muzaffarabad divisions and is expected to influence the balance of power in the AJK Legislative Assembly. The Election Commission of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJKEC) admitted his application for hearing and summoned the parties for a hearing at 10am on Thursday in Muzaffarabad. The application was filed before the chief election commissioner through Aziz’s lawyers, Raja Sajjad Advocate and Chaudhry Ghulam Nabi Advocate. Aziz has also challenged Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari to agree to a recount, saying he would quit politics if he failed to win the constituency by a substantial margin after the recount. READ: Political tensions s...